1. Buying an Omonile land simply means YOU ARE TREADING A THIN LINE IF YOU DO NOT INVESTIGATE TRUE OWNERSHIP.
2. Omonile Lands are owned by either Families or people who bought lands from the families. Either way, till you complete your house, you must have a relationship with these families good or bad till the very end.
3. Most omonile lands have one issue or the other associated with them such as land dispute cases, family dispute cases, resale of another person’s land, buying lands that belong to the government etc hence the need to conduct due diligence on them before you buy.
4. You pay for everything such as your own survey fees, legal fees, agency fees, omonile signing fees, foundation fees, roofing fees, drainage, Nepa etc.
5. Even when you do everything right such as conducting due diligence, buying from the right person and paying all the necessary fees, you still have to build a fence to ward off criminals and trespassers from stealing your land.
6. Until you complete your house you must always be vigilant to check on your land. Any form of complacency or negligence would only lead to criminals reselling your land
7. You would have to put up with annoying agents throughout the Inspection and negotiating experience
8. Buying an Omonile Land means you have to be tough and take no nonsense unless these miscreants would rob you off your land.